Each year, LACMA welcomes 1.2 million visitors from all over the world. Still, many Angelenos have yet to visit their county art museum. We want to change that, one Friday at a time.
This summer, we are kicking off First-time Fridays! Tomorrow, July 27, is our first one. We’re inviting locals who have never been to LACMA to take advantage of the world-class cultural center that’s right in their backyard. Stop by for an hour or make an entire evening of it!
Still feeling tempted by your sofa and streaming services? Here are five reasons why you should visit or tell a friend to come:
1. The museum—with dozens of air-conditioned galleries—is free on Fridays, 3–8 pm, for people who live in L.A. County (must show valid ID). (By the way, we’re also free from 3 to 5 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for those living in the county.)
2. The new blockbuster exhibition 3D: Double Vision is now open. Along with every other exhibition, it’s free 3–8 pm on Friday.
3. Take in a free outdoor Jazz concert on Friday, 6–8 pm. Bring a picnic, drinks, and a blanket or chairs to join the loyal audience for this summer tradition.
4. We’re offering special perks to first-timers! Let the Ticket Office staff know it’s your first visit and get discounts at the LACMA Store, LACMA Café, and C+M (Coffee and Milk). And receive a gift from us.
5. LACMA welcomes you! We’re looking forward to seeing new faces and helping you enjoy your first visit.
Interested? Share your email and we'll send you a reminder with ideas for how to have a great time.