We recognize that museums cannot claim neutrality when our country continues to be divided by ignorance, bigotry, and intolerance. LACMA’s goal is to create safe and productive spaces—both virtual and in-person—for discussion and action as we increase our efforts to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We’ve gathered institutional and public resources that confront systemic racism and address the despair and destruction it causes. We know we have work to do and we are committed to addressing the deep-seated inequities in the museum field. Our staff is hard at work developing programming and initiatives and gathering additional resources to share. We welcome your thoughts and feedback at email@example.com.
Resources: Deepen Your Understanding
The following list is a collection of links from LACMA staff, fellow arts organizations, and civic sources. We will continue to add resources to the list. Please share suggestions with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LACMA’s Statement in Solidarity with the Black Lives Matter Movement
- Life Model: Charles White and His Students
- Racism is a Public Health Issue series
- Addressing Prejudices Against Asian Americans during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Art and Social Justice Course
- 2020 Census
- Black Lives Matter LA
- Black Table Arts
- Center for Racial Justice
- Community Coalition South LA
- For Freedoms
- L.A. County Voter Registration Verification
- Movement for Black Lives (M4BL)
- Museums Are Not Neutral
- NMAAHC: Talking About Race
- Race Forward: What is Systemic Racism?
- Summaeverything Community Center
- The Free Black Women's Library - LA