The following work will be conducted next week:
- The sidewalk on the north side of Wilshire between Urban Light and Curson Avenue has reopened.
- Demolition of the foundations of the Art of Americas and Hammer Buildings continues.
- Abatement in the Ahmanson Building has been completed.
- Structural demolition of the Ahmanson Building will begin.
- Relocation of utilities west of the Resnick Pavilion has been completed.
- Soldier beam installation for the shoring system on the Spaulding Lot has been completed.
- Excavation at the Spaulding Lot will begin.
Our general contractor, Clark Construction, is working diligently to ensure a safe work environment for the crews working on the site, particularly during the coronavirus pandemic. To that end, Clark Construction and its subcontractors have taken all necessary protective measures in accordance with government guidelines, which include the following.
- As in all of their ongoing projects throughout the country, Clark Construction is requiring that all work be done in accordance with OSHA guidelines and industry best practices, with workers in full protective gear, enhanced cleaning protocols, and social distancing rules.
- Hazmat abatement and internal demolition crews are fitted with full-body clothing/hazmat suits, gloves, eye protection, and breathing equipment, and all personnel working outside the buildings are required at all times to wear protective gloves, eye protection, face covering, and head protection.
- All personnel on the project go through a symptom screen before the start of work, including temperature and symptom checks.
- All workers are required to exercise social distancing of six feet or more, and all indoor meetings have been eliminated.
- Additional hand washing stations have been installed and the frequency with which they are cleaned and supplied has been increased.
- The frequency of cleaning of all high-touch areas, including portable bathrooms and shared tools, has been increased.
- Workers are encouraged to wash hands frequently and anyone who exhibits any respiratory symptoms is required to quarantine at home.
- An on-site COVID-19 supervisor, who is also a medic, has been designated and is in charge of ensuring implementation of all proper protocols and guidelines.