We’re pleased to launch a video series about the new David Geffen Galleries, designed by Peter Zumthor. Released over the next few weeks, these short films will highlight how the David Geffen Galleries will transform visitors’ experience of LACMA’s campus and collections. Today’s video, One Collection, Many Paths, shares how visitors will explore untold stories of art in the new building. Stay tuned for other videos in the series.
The following work will be conducted this week:
- Major structural demolition of the Ahmanson Building will be completed.
- Removal of foundations of the Art of the Americas Building will be completed.
- Trenching and site utilities installations north of Wilshire are complete.
- Grading for pile installations north of Wilshire Boulevard will be completed.
- Shoring installations and excavation at the Spaulding Lot continue.
Monday–Friday: 7 am–7 pm
Saturday: 8 am–6 pm
Health and Safety
Our general contractor, Clark Construction, is working diligently to ensure a safe work environment for the crews working on the site, particularly during the coronavirus pandemic. To that end, Clark Construction and its subcontractors have taken all necessary protective measures in accordance with government guidelines, which include the following.
- As in all of their ongoing projects throughout the country, Clark Construction is requiring that all work be done in accordance with OSHA guidelines and industry best practices, with workers in full protective gear, enhanced cleaning protocols, and social distancing rules.
- All personnel are required at all times to wear protective gloves, eye protection, face covering, and head protection.
- All personnel on the project go through a symptom screen before the start of work, including temperature and symptom checks.
- All workers are required to exercise social distancing of six feet or more, and all indoor meetings have been eliminated.
- Additional hand washing stations have been installed and the frequency with which they are cleaned and supplied has been increased.
- The frequency of cleaning of all high-touch areas, including portable bathrooms and shared tools, has been increased.
- Workers are encouraged to wash hands frequently and anyone who exhibits any respiratory symptoms is required to quarantine at home.
- An on-site COVID-19 supervisor, who is also a medic, has been designated and is in charge of ensuring implementation of all proper protocols and guidelines.
Thank you for your support of LACMA in this time of campus transformation and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We wish you and your family good health.