This week, watch a video explaining how the new David Geffen Galleries, opening in 2024, will serve as a public space. How will all the communities of Los Angeles come together at the new David Geffen Galleries at LACMA? Find out in Welcoming Everyone to a New Public Space, part of a series of short videos about the new building coming to our campus. Stay tuned for other videos in the series.
The following work will be conducted this week:
- Foundations installations at the Spaulding Lot have started and continue.
- Removal of demolished Ahmanson Building debris continues
- Removal of foundations of the Art of the Americas Building continues.
- Removal of foundations of the Ahmanson Building continues.
- Final grading to prepare for shoring installations north of Wilshire Boulevard on the western side of the site.
Monday–Friday: 7 am–7 pm
Saturday: 8 am–6 pm
Health and Safety
Our general contractor, Clark Construction, is working diligently to ensure a safe work environment for the crews working on the site, particularly during the coronavirus pandemic. To that end, Clark Construction and its subcontractors have taken all necessary protective measures in accordance with government guidelines, which include the following.
- As in all of their ongoing projects throughout the country, Clark Construction is requiring that all work be done in accordance with OSHA guidelines and industry best practices, with workers in full protective gear, enhanced cleaning protocols, and social distancing rules.
- All personnel are required at all times to wear protective gloves, eye protection, face covering, and head protection.
- All personnel on the project go through a symptom screen before the start of work, including temperature and symptom checks.
- All workers are required to exercise social distancing of six feet or more, and all indoor meetings have been eliminated.
- Additional hand washing stations have been installed and the frequency with which they are cleaned and supplied has been increased.
- The frequency of cleaning of all high-touch areas, including portable bathrooms and shared tools, has been increased.
- Workers are encouraged to wash hands frequently and anyone who exhibits any respiratory symptoms is required to quarantine at home.
- An on-site COVID-19 supervisor, who is also a medic, has been designated and is in charge of ensuring implementation of all proper protocols and guidelines.
Thank you for your support of LACMA in this time of campus transformation and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We wish you and your family good health.