Building LACMA Film Series
How will areas of LACMA’s collection come to life as never before in the new David Geffen Galleries at LACMA? Find out in a series of short videos about the new building coming to our campus.
The following work will be conducted next week:
- Excavation and shoring installation on the Spaulding Lot continues.
- Building foundations (piles) inspection and testing on the Spaulding Lot begins.
- Building foundations (piles) inspection and testing on the east side of the construction site, north of Wilshire Boulevard, continues.
- Building foundations (piles) installation on the west side of the construction site, north of Wilshire Boulevard, continues.
- Excavation and shoring installation on the west side of the construction site, north of Wilshire Boulevard, resumes.
Monday–Friday: 7 am–7 pm
Saturday: 8 am–6 pm
Health and Safety
Our general contractor, Clark Construction, is working diligently to provide a safe work environment for the crews working on the site, particularly during the coronavirus pandemic. To that end, Clark Construction and its subcontractors have taken all necessary protective measures in accordance with government guidelines, which include the following.
- As in all of their ongoing projects throughout the country, Clark Construction is requiring that all work be done in accordance with OSHA guidelines and industry best practices, with workers in full protective gear, enhanced cleaning protocols, and social distancing rules.
- All personnel are required at all times to wear protective gloves, eye protection, face covering, and head protection.
- All personnel on the project go through a symptom screen before the start of work, including temperature and symptom checks.
- All workers are required to exercise social distancing of six feet or more, and all indoor meetings have been eliminated.
- Additional hand washing stations have been installed and the frequency with which they are cleaned and supplied has been increased.
- The frequency of cleaning of all high-touch areas, including portable bathrooms and shared tools, has been increased.
- Workers are encouraged to wash hands frequently and anyone who exhibits any respiratory symptoms is required to quarantine at home.
- An on-site COVID-19 supervisor, who is also a medic, has been designated and is in charge of ensuring implementation of all proper protocols and guidelines.