Building LACMA Film Series
How will areas of LACMA’s collection come to life as never before in the new David Geffen Galleries at LACMA? Find out in a series of short videos about the new building coming to our campus.
The following work will be conducted this week:
- Preparation of subgrade for foundation pile installations on the Spaulding Lot continues.
- Excavation to the top of foundation piles on the east side of the construction site, north of Wilshire Boulevard, will be completed.
- Preparation for mud slab pours on the east side of the construction site, north of Wilshire Boulevard, continues.
- Waterproofing in the basement on the east side of the construction site, north of Wilshire Boulevard, resumes.
- Excavation, shoring, and tieback installations on the west side of the construction site, north of Wilshire Boulevard, continue.
- Vertical waterproofing on the west side of the construction site, north of Wilshire Boulevard, begins.
Monday–Friday: 7 am–7 pm
Saturday: 8 am–6 pm
Health and Safety
Our general contractor, Clark Construction, continues working diligently to provide a safe work environment for the crews working on the site, particularly during the coronavirus pandemic. To that end, and in accordance with recent adjustments made by the Cal/OSHA standards board on June 17, 2021, Clark Construction and its subcontractors have taken all necessary protective measures in accordance with government guidelines, which include the following:
- As with all of their ongoing projects throughout the country, Clark Construction is requiring that all work be done in accordance with OSHA guidelines and industry best practices, with workers in full protective gear, including approved head, hands, and eye protective equipment, as well as safety vests and protective shoes and clothing.
- Employees who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear face coverings while indoors and in vehicles, when accompanied by others.
- Fully vaccinated employees, who have voluntarily provided vaccination status to their employer, do not need to wear face coverings.
- Face coverings are not required outdoors. However, Clark and its subcontractors have communicated to workers that face coverings are recommended for persons who are not fully vaccinated when outdoors, when six feet of physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Clark and its subcontractors are providing face coverings to persons who are not fully vaccinated and to any persons who request them.
- Hand washing stations continue to be maintained for workers’ use at multiple locations on site.
- The practice of cleaning all high-touch areas, including portable bathrooms and shared tools, has continued.
- Workers are encouraged to wash hands frequently, and anyone who exhibits any respiratory symptoms is requested to quarantine at home.
- Clark's on-site Supervision and Safety personnel are designated and in charge of ensuring implementation of all proper protocols and guidelines.